Assessing and Identifying Dyslexia; School Psychologist Training
WhereOrion Education & Training 13939 Diagonal Rd. Clearwater, KS. 67026 OR Online via Zoom
Overview of Assessing and Identifying Dyslexia as part of a Special Education Evaluation
Mandy Cundy, School Psychology with USD 618, will review major points on how school psychologists can identify dyslexia in students and help in developing plans of assistance.
- What is and what is not dyslexia, including common neuromyths.
- Why is it important to know what phonology orthography is?
- What areas should be assessed as part of an evaluation for dyslexia?
- Based on the data, how can an identification be made? What tools can we utilize to help in identification?
- What are the directives from the state around structured literacy and how schools must help?
Target Audience: School Psychologists, Special Education Cooperative Directors/ Assistant Directors
InstructorMandy Cundy, ED.S
Member Workshop Fee: $60
Non-member Workshop Fee: $100
One hour of graduate credit can be earned through MidAmerica Nazarene University for an additional $90 payable to MNU. Outside assignment is required for the college credit, and participants must attend BOTH half day sessions June 1st AND June 4th.
Cancellations must be received 48 hours in advance or fees will be due; same district substitutions are allowed. If Orion is not notified of a cancellation, the district is still responsible for the enrollment fee. We understand that there can be emergencies and we will work with those on an individual basis once we have been contacted in a timely manner.