Assessing and Identifying Dyslexia; School Psychologist Training
WhereOrion Education & Training 13939 Diagonal Rd. Clearwater, KS. 67026 OR Online via Zoom
Next Steps for Identifying Dyslexia as part of a Special Education Evaluation
Based on input from the first training, Mandy will discuss what the next steps for districts and school psychologists might include.
- What are the finer tips for Interpretation of the evaluations? Case studies.
- How can we tie assessment results to IEP goals?
- What are some possible recommendations for parents/guardians including resources outside of school?
- What are the best responses for parents/guardians for their initial concerns of possibly dyslexia?
- How can school psychologists advise district responses and planning of interventions?
Target Audience: School Psychologists, Special Education Cooperative Directors/ Assistant Directors
InstructorMandy Cundy, Ed.S
Member Workshop Fee: $60
Non-member Workshop Fee: $100
One hour of graduate credit can be earned through MidAmerica Nazarene University for an additional $90 payable to MNU. Outside assignment is required for the college credit, and participants must attend BOTH half day sessions June 1st AND June 4th.
Cancellations must be received 48 hours in advance or fees will be due; same district substitutions are allowed. If Orion is not notified of a cancellation, the district is still responsible for the enrollment fee. We understand that there can be emergencies and we will work with those on an individual basis once we have been contacted in a timely manner.