Classroom Management for Excellent Teachers- The CHAMPS Model
WhereOnline- Zoom Connection
During the course, participants will receive the full CHAMPS training as well as have the opportunity to finalize their behavior plan. Strategies to address needs for behavior plans will also be shared. All teachers want their students to be orderly, responsive, engaged, and motivated. According to the most current research on teacher effectiveness, putting a successful behavior management system in place is a sure way of achieving these goals. Safe & Civil Schools can help you get there!
This CHAMPS course will help teachers in schools throughout the district:
• Improve classroom behavior (on-task, work completion, cooperation)
• Establish clear classroom behavior expectations with logical and fair responses to misbehavior
• Motivate students to put forth their best efforts (perseverance, pride in work)
• Reduce misbehavior (disruptions, disrespect, non-compliance)
• Increase academic engagement, resulting in improved test scores
• Spend less time disciplining students and more time teaching them
• Teach students to behave respectfully and to value diversity, thereby reducing cultural differences that may manifest as misbehavior
• Feel empowered and happy to be in the classroom
• Develop a common language about behaviors among all staff
• Reduce staff burnout
Target Audience: K-12 Teachers
Have a CHAMPS book handy if available (no need to purchase for the course)
InstructorLori Jensen Wilson
Member Workshop Fee: $200
Non Member Workshop Fee: $350
Teachers can earn 12 PDC points for attending the workshop, or 20 PDC points for completing the outside assignment.
One hours of graduate credit can be earned through MidAmerica Nazarene University for an additional $90 payable to MNU. Outside assignment is required for college credit.
Cancellations must be received 48 hours in advance or fees will be due; same district substitutions are allowed. If Orion is not notified of a cancellation, the district is still responsible for the enrollment fee. We understand that there can be emergencies and we will work with those on an individual basis once we have been contacted in a timely manner.