SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
Orion Education and Training offers several social emotional and character development training opportunities for your district, including:
- Positive Behavior Support Training (MTSS or other) - Orion provides all training of MTSS and uses the Behavior training to incorporate all elements of behavior including social emotional into a building plan.
- CHAMPS Training and Support - Dr. Randy Sprick’s excellent classroom management training is offered in two-day workshops or in individual buildings.
- Student Improvement Team Training and Support - We can help train your SIT team or analyze how your existing team is operating.
- Trauma-Sensitive Schools - New to several schools, we offer ways to address trauma in schools including teacher training and the use of the ACE survey.
- Crisis Training and Support - Included in district membership, we offer training for a Crisis Network that we use in the event of district crisis situations. Counselors are on-site from area schools as long as needed. Consultants are also ready to assists administrators. We also offer FREE training to create district crisis policies.
- Social Emotional Character Development Standards - As we focus more on SECD, we offer training with the standards and recommendations for programs for your district to use.
- Measuring SECD - With the focus on measurement from the Kansans Can vision, we can help you select an appropriate tool to record impact of social emotional needs.
- Lions Quest - We provide training on the only K-12, evidence-based character education program.
- Individual Plans of Study - We can assist districts in implementing an IPS system for students or help analyze to determine effectiveness and needed adjustments.
- Career Cruising - We are able to provide training for Career Cruising for teachers and counselors. This is a critical training in order to implement this tool well! If you haven’t trained your staff in great detail, we would encourage that you do.
- Suicide Prevention Course - With the newly-minted Jason Flatt Act, we are required to learn more about the warning signs for suicide, steps to take if you have identified a student or adult who is thinking about suicide, and resources that can help. Orion Education and Training has produced a video that addresses the Flatt Act requirement of 1 hour training for all teachers.